Downspout Filter - SlimLine
Tired of clogged underground landscape pipes or damaged mesh filters on the top of your rain barrel?
Remove the debris from your downspout before it becomes a problem for your rain barrel or underground pipes!
Features and Benefits:
- Downspout filters are installed in-line on your downspouts where you can reach them.
- Catches debris larger than 1/8".
- Removable sturdy aluminum basket.
- Great for filtering downspouts that empty into rain barrels, water containment systems or underground drainage systems.
- No screens to get damaged or need replacing.
- Made from heavy guage aluminum for years of service
- 3" x 4" stands about 13.25" tall
- 3" x 4" body is outfitted with a factory installed reducer in the top and bottom
NOTE: Only Available in Low Gloss White and Royal Brown
Downspout Filter - SlimLine - Manual Clean Out - Example Pictures
If you have 2x3 downspouts your Slim Line Downspout Filter will look like this image
We use the 3x4 body and install a reducer on the top and bottom so it will fit a 2x3 downspout
Image of the 3x4 body with factory installed bottom reducer. This bottom reducer will slide inside the 2x3 downspout below.
- With one hand hold the SlimLine Filter at the location on the downpipe where it is to be installed.
- With other hand, use a pencil to mark the top and bottom of the SlimLine Downspout Filter on the existing downspout.
- Measure down from the top mark 1/2" and up from the bottom mark by 3/4" inch.
- These are the cut lines
- Every installation is different. Make sure there are downspout straps near your installation location to secure the SlimLine filter in place.
Do your downspouts empty into a landscape pipe or underground drain or divert water to a rain barrel? Here is a simple solution to collect leaves and large debris and keep them from clogging your underground drainage pipes. SlimLine downspout filters are manufactured from the same high quality aluminum that your downspouts and gutters are made from. The 1/8" diameter holes allow for rain water to flow through while trapping larger downspout clogging leaves and debris.
Are the sticks and leaves exiting the downspout damaging your rain barrel screens? Use a downspout filter to collect the large debris before it can get to your rain barrel and destroy your rain barrel screens.
Clean as often as necessary to minimize build up and clogging.